Oxford, although no specific precedent is truly known. 50,000 raised by the Rotman management magazine pdf of Toronto Alumni Association and matching funds provided by Ontario government.
The cornerstone was laid in 1904 and the construction completed three years later at almost twice the originally estimated cost. Major additions and expansions to the building occurred in 1912 when a large pipe organ was installed in the auditorium, and in 1947 with an alteration and addition to the examination hall. The building would not become equipped with air conditioning until 1997. In 2006, a major restoration and refurbishment was undertaken by E.
A Architects with funding from the alumni association. The next year, Convocation Hall celebrated its centennial. Over the years, Convocation Hall has served as the venue for major events and performances. Convocation Hall is an important University landmark, designed by one of Toronto’s most prominent and prolific firms.