Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. 1926 as a supplier to the numerous firearms companies in the Connecticut Valley. In 1932, the company, headed by Carl Gustav Swebilius, standard catalog of firearms pdf the Hartford Arms and Equipment Company and began making .
During World War II, the company supplied . 22 caliber pistols for basic pistol training and familiarization to the armed forces. Deputy Director for Research and Development Stanley P. Lovell, the company also developed a silent, flashless pistol for use by OSS agents behind enemy lines.
In 1968, the company was acquired by the Leisure Group. The company then relocated to East Hartford in 1976. High Standard from Leisure Group. In December 1984, its assets were auctioned. Gordon Elliott, who had been the National Parts Distributor, purchased: the .
In the spring of 1993, High Standard of Houston, Texas acquired the company assets and trademarks, as well as the . These original assets were transferred from Connecticut to Houston, Texas in July 1993. The first shipments of Houston manufactured pistols began in March, 1994. This page was last edited on 27 August 2017, at 05:08. Nathan Harrington, William Augustus Richardson, George F. Single-shot, pump-action, and semi-auto shotguns. R firm was in business for over a century from 1871 to 1986.